About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, teacher, runner, baker, fund-raiser, reader, watcher of movies, dog-lover, writer, music-lover and foodie. So - I'm a woman of many moods! I write and share in order to teach and enrich. I currently have two blogs going: The Kitchen Refugee, and A Mile At A Time. The first is about time spent in the kitchen and the second about time spent on the road. Frequently the two roads intersect!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Light and Lovely Lunch

After a morning of Broccoli Frittatas, and miles and minutes on the eliptical, I like a little crunch for my lunch.  Inspired by a friend's facebook post about a lunch wrap she made, I decided the sky is the limit when concocting healthy wraps.  This recipe is my lunch staple at least 5 days a week.





 Start with a Soft Wrap from La Tortilla Factory latortillafactory.com  (The wraps pictured are Tomato Basil, because I couldn't find a picture of the Multi Grain ones I use.)  They have 12 grams of fiber, 0 Trans fats, and 100 calories.  They taste great, and I've begun to use them for our other tortilla meals, like fajitas or chicken wraps.
These can be purchased at Safeway in the same place you find other tortillas.  I had to search - they were on the bottom shelf.
















Filling: 
•Shredded cabbage
•Shredded carrots
•Mandarin oranges
•Sunflower seeds
•Chopped pecans (or other nut of choice)
•1 scant capful of Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame-Ginger Dressing

I eyeball the measurements to fit the tortilla, then dump them in a bowl to mix with the dressing.  Paired with a piece of fruit or some other veggies, it's a crunchy, filling, and tasty lunch.  This is another recipe that's easy to take on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment